Make a Splash - 2014
The Mary Moon Foundation is proud to announce our third annual event to be held at the Water Park of America! Please join us for our fundraising event to support children at the University of Minnesota Amplatz Children’s Hospital.
What: Water Park Attractions and Online and Silent Auctions!
Where: Water Park of America, Bloomington, MN
When: Sunday, March 9th, 2014, 4:00pm to 10:00pm - extended 2 hours! Mary Moon activities conclude at 8:00pm, but this year the Water Park stays open for you 2 more hours!
Pricing: $12.00/person. Under 18 months free!
How: Online Registration is Now Open! Register Here
Click here to buy raffle tickets for an Xbox One
Tickets only $5.00, purchase as many as you'd like! Raffle drawing will be conducted the night of the event at the Water Park! You do not need to be present to win!
In Preparation for Your Water Park Visit:
To ensure we have a smooth and quick process at the start of our event on March 9th, we would like to ask for your help with completing the waiver form in advance of your arrival.
Please arrive after 3:30 pm on the day of the event with a completed waiver form. each attendee 18 years or older needs to have their own waiver form completed and signed. up to six children can be on one parent’s waiver form. a family of four would have two forms; one with a parent’s signature and two children, the second for the other parent.
Children attending with someone other than their parent or unattended children (between the ages of 13-17) must have their parents sign the waiver form in advance of the event, with their children’s name and an emergency phone number listed.
Your help with this process will make sure we get everyone in the park in a timely fashion. The waiver form is downloadable here.
What to Expect During the Water Park Event:
3:30 Arrival at Water Park Begins (line will form prior to locker rooms opening around 3:45)
- Turn in waiver forms (please complete in advance of your arrival)
- We can take credit cards for all Mary Moon transactions; food, coat check, raffle tickets, auction items, games, etc.
- Towels will be provided
- Strollers are not allowed in park
- Pack lightly (lockers are limited), lockers are $6.00
- Coat and baggage check available for $3.00
4:00-10:00 Access to the Water Park
- Unlimited use of Water Park activities
- Silent Auction Begins at 4:00, closes at 7:30
Raffle Tickets for sale to Win Xbox One!
- $5.00 per ticket
- Live drawing at 7:20
- Music – DJ
Ring Toss Game ($1.00); Chance to win:
- Rainbow Looms
- Shirts, Jewelry, Blankets
- Beanie Babies and More!
Mary Moon Merchandise for sale:
- Shirts (Hot Pink, Purple, and Navy Blue)
- Jewelry and Key Chains (found on etsy)
- Fleece Blankets
- Cash Bar
- Water Park Restaurants are open to attendees
5:30 Food is provided by the Mary Moon Foundation upstairs in the Tree House (Mezzanine Level). $5.00 per person includes:
- Sub Sandwiches
- Chips and/or Popcorn
- 6:00-6:30 Irish Dance Show in the Tree House (Mezzanine Level)
- 7:20 Xbox One Raffle Drawing (winner need not to be present)
7:30 Silent Auction Ends
- Items awarded and paid for by highest bidder present
- Payment must be cash, credit card, or PayPal
- 8:00 Mary Moon Festivities will conclude
- 10:00 Water Park will close
Great Start to our 3rd Annual Event:
January 21st, 2014
Thank you all for the early registrations and your donations. Your volunteer offerings to support our efforts have also been greatly appreciated.
We are a small organization of volunteers and our success is reflective of the assistance we get from our community. Your efforts promoting the event and our upcoming auctions can be very impactful. As we did last year, we will have both an online auction (eBay/Mission Fish) that is available to everyone, and a silent auction at the event.
For those of you interested; here’s a list of the various ways you may choose to support or organization:
- Donate Baskets: Do you have left over baskets from the auction last year or from some other occasion? We go through a lot of baskets for our silent auction and appreciate basket-donations so we don’t have to purchase them. Large baskets are preferred; they enable us to make themed arrangements of multiple items. You can drop off baskets at Peter’s office in Edina, our home, or a home or other location of one of our volunteers.
Promote the Event: There are many way to promote our event:
- Sharing www.marymoonfoundation.org with others via email or social media
- Sharing our posts from our public Facebook page: www.facebook.com/marymoonfoundation share page weekly
- Download and post our flyer at your place of employment and other locations; church, schools, coffee shops, etc.
- Distribute flyers; Peter and Christine can provide with you 10, 30, 80, whatever you think you can distribute. Just email us; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Share our Etsy Store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/MaryMoonFoundation
- Provide items for the Auctions: Perhaps you, your employer, or someone you know has a product or services they can provide, or provide a gift card to? You can download our donation letter to provide to any businesses you frequent.
- Sponsor the Event: We still have sponsorship opportunities open to help support our expenses. Our sponsorships range from $500 to $1500. Sponsors are acknowledged on our website and on signage at the event. Details for donations and sponsorships are listed on our donate page.
Later in February our website will announce online auction details and have the waiver form available for download. This waiver form must be completed by all attendees. It helps speed up entrance to the water park by having them completed in advance.
If you have any comments, questions, or ideas, please contact us at email@example.com
Thank you for your support, Peter and Christine
Announcing our 3rd Annual Event!
December 18th, 2013
Greetings! The Mary Moon Foundation is proud to announce our third annual event to be held at the Water Park of America on Sunday, March 9th 2014! Our fundraising event will support the financing of art supplies, toys, games, and more for Children at the University of Minnesota Amplatz Children’s Hospital. Please visit our foundation page to learn more!
Thank you very much for supporting our event last year! We couldn’t have been more thrilled with the result and the support we received from all of you. With the great success from our first two years we were able to establish an endowment fund in Mary’s name this past summer! This perpetual fund will provide annual funding to help hospitalized children at Amplatz Children’s hospital, it will live forever!
We reached our first milestone of $25,000! Our next milestone is to grow the fund to $100,000. By that achievement we will have our own plaque in the lobby of Amplatz Hospital, highlighting the significant funding provided by the Mary Moon Foundation. By growing the size of our endowment fund each year, we will also increase the amount of funding provided to the children annually.
Our second event had over 1200 attendees, about the same as our first year. We expanded our online and silent auctions from 110 items to over 180! As a 501c3 tax exempt organization we hope to continue to expand our opportunities to receive donations or financial sponsorships. Please sign up for our newsletter to be kept informed of further details for the upcoming event on March 9th, 2014!
We were very grateful for the support from our friends last year. We hope to have support from many of them again and from anyone else interested in assisting. If you are interested in helping this year please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Helping hospitalized children feel "over the moon" with essential childhood activities.
Mary "Moon" Jacqueline O'Keefe died at the age of 3 on July 30th, 2009 after a yearlong battle with neuroblastoma, a cancer that is most common in infancy. Mary loved the attention and activities Child Family Life Services provided her at the University of Minnesota Children’s Hospital, this allowed her to be distracted during painful treatments and to be engaged in learning activities while in the hospital.
Please visit Our Foundation to learn more about Mary and her parents' goals with our new foundation.
connect with us
We would love to keep you informed with all of the events we will be planning. Please connect with us to follow Mary's legacy.
We are looking for cash donations, event sponsorships and items for our silent auction. We appreciate your support. Click here to learn how to donate items. Or donate cash:
mary moon now on etsy!
Please visit our new Etsy store for Christine's new Mary Moon jewelry! We have all new necklaces and key chains, and our classic t-shirts and our Mary Moon Silverado Bead. Please share our store with all your friends!
Listen to Peter on Radio Disney Play
Mary Moon Foundation on Kare 11: Make A Splash
Listen to Christine on Talk 107.1FM Play