October 24th, 2015
The Mary Moon Foundation is now kicking off our 2015-16 fundraising drive! Please review the headlines below to learn more about our plans this year and how you may choose to participate.
Save the Date! Sunday March 6th, 2016 is the day of our big event. We’ll be back at the Water Park of America for our 5th year. Details will be posted prior to Christmas.
A Special Year! This year we expect to complete our initial goal by exceeding our $100,000 objective for the University of Minnesota Masonic Children’s hospital. With that achievement, our foundation’s name will be displayed on a plaque in the lobby of the hospital. We are very excited for this big milestone as it signifies our support for hospitalized children in our daughter Mary’s name.
Volunteers Needed! Our annual events are very dependent on the help we receive from our volunteers each year. We are very blessed to have people return as volunteers year after year, we just couldn’t have been successful without you!
We need help starting now until the day of the event, and during the event. Just let us know how you would like to help. Here are some ways you may choose to help:
- Pre-Event; November to March:
- Flyers; Share them with schools, churches, sports teams, and post them at coffee shops, your employee break room, and other places of high traffic.
- Social Media; Share our news via Facebook and ask your friends to “Like” our page – facebook.com/marymoonfoundation
- Corporate Donations; Many of our friends have helped us get Mary Moon setup on their corporate employee-match programs. They have also help us apply for their employer’s corporate donations program. How does your company give to charities?
- Obtaining Auction Items; Our online and silent auctions make a significant contribution to our success each year. Asking companies, shops, and businesses in your city can really help us with the effort needed to have a successful auction.
- Preparation Parties; In January and February we have team gatherings to help prepare all the items we’ll need to get ready for the event. The biggest day is our Auction Basket Party which happens mid-February to organize, compose, wrap, and document all the auction baskets and item for the online auction.
- Day of Event; Sunday March 6th, 2016. We need help all day long with transportation, setups, and staffing the various areas of the event. We have multiple needs in these key areas:
- Silent Auction
- Food Sales
- Merchandise Sales
- And several other supportive roles.
If these, or any other area of assistance interest you, please contact Peter or Christine to share how you would like to contribute!
We sincerely appreciate your help with our Milestone Year! Thank you,
Mary Moon Foundation
13585 Flagstaff Ave
Apple Valley, Minnesota 55124
Donations accepted 365 days a year: www.marymoonfoundation.org/donate
Helping hospitalized children feel “over the moon” with essential childhood activities.
Mary “Moon” Jacqueline O’Keefe died at the age of 3 on July 30th, 2009 after a yearlong battle with neuroblastoma, a cancer that is most common in infancy. Mary loved the attention and activities Child Family Life Services provided her at the University of Minnesota Children’s Hospital, this allowed her to be distracted during painful treatments and to be engaged in learning activities while in the hospital.
Please visit Our Foundation to learn more about Mary and her parents’ goals with our new foundation.